Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A cute but touching story


The story is titled, a present of ‘nothing’… It may seem a bit lame and funny at the start… (note tt the “I” in the story refers to a pet dog)

My friend, Charlie’s (Also another pet dog) birthday is coming soon. I was deciding what to give him. He had a cozy bed, enough food, a squeaky toy and a pillow… He had everything… So what should I give him? I should give him… nothing! Yes, NOTHING. But how do I give him nothing? I heard my owner sitting in front of the TV and said “There is nothing to watch today…” But I always saw something in there… I heard my owner’s wife coming back home from the shopping center saying “There is nothing to buy…” So… I went to the shopping center… But there were a lot of things waiting to be sold. In the end I decided to give Charlie an empty box… I found an empty box in the basement. But I think that he should deserve more… So I went to the basement again and got a bigger box. I wrapped it. Charlie’s birthday had arrived… I took the box to Charlie’s house. He took the present happily and opened it… He said “There’s nothing inside…” I said, “There is nothing except for you and me…” Charlie smiled and hugged me. We sat on the sofa doing nothing but… feeling everything…

No comments: